Business owners are asked to reveal much information that is confidential and sensitive when going
through the process of selling their companies. In order to protect this information, we require that
all potential purchasers complete a non-disclosure agreement. Please read and complete the following
online NDA and electronically sign it by clicking "ACCEPT." Once this document is submitted, we will be
able to provide you with detailed information about any businesses we represent that you have an
interest in reviewing. Thank you for your understanding.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-CIRCUMVENTION AGREEMENT
This CONFIDENTIALITY & NON-CIRCUMVENTION AGREEMENT (hereafter "Agreement") is entered into between Sigma M&A, LLC. (hereafter "Sigma") and the prospective purchaser (hereafter "Purchaser") of a business offered for sale through Sigma. "Seller" shall refer to any business being offered for sale by or through Sigma, as well as the owners of such business. Based upon good and valuable consideration, including, but not limited to, the provision of confidential and proprietary information, Sigma and Purchaser agree as follows:
- Sigma represents Seller exclusively and is paid a fee upon certain events, including, but not limited to, a sale.
- Purchaser will not contact Seller or any entity or person having a business relationship with Seller, including, but not limited to, owners, landlords, employees, suppliers and clients, except through Sigma.
- All inquiries, offers to purchase and negotiations relating to the business will be conducted exclusively through Sigma.
- Purchaser will not circumvent or interfere in any way with Sigma's contractual relationship with Seller.
- Any and all information provided to Purchaser regarding a Seller is to be considered confidential and proprietary. The disclosure of any such confidential and proprietary information will result in damage to Seller.
- Purchaser shall keep in strict confidence any information provided to Purchaser regarding Seller and its business. Purchaser shall not disclose any such information to any other person, except professional business advisors (e.g. accountants, attorneys) who have been engaged to evaluate the business for the limited purpose of advising Purchaser. Purchaser shall use his/her best efforts to prevent inadvertent disclosure of any information provided. Purchaser shall advise any professional business advisors of this non-disclosure provision, and Purchaser shall be legally responsible for the failure of any such advisors to maintain the confidentiality of any information provided.
- Inconsideration for the Purchaser receiving highly confidential and sensitive information the Purchaser agrees that for a period of twenty four (24) months following this agreement that Purchaser will not engage in similar business with Seller’s current customers. The only exception to this is for existing relationship that Purchaser currently has with Seller’s current customers
- Seller provides all information regarding any business offered for sale, and such information is not verified in any way by Sigma. Sigma makes no representation, promise or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of any such information. Purchaser shall be responsible for making an independent verification of such information prior to entering into an agreement to purchase any business. Sigma shall NOT be responsible for the failure to disclose material information related to the purchase of any business. Purchaser indemnifies and holds Sigma and its agents harmless for any claims or damages which may occur by reason of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of any information provided to Purchaser with respect to any business Purchaser may purchase.
- BUYING A BUSINESS INVOLVES RISK. PURCHASER ACCEPTS SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISION TO BUY A BUSINESS AND AGREES TO RELY SOLELY ON PURCHASER'S OWN INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION OF THE BUSINESS BEING PURCHASED. SIGMA HAS ADVISED PURCHASER TO SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL, TAX, ACCOUNTING, AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE PRIOR TO MAKING A PURCHASE DECISION.
- Financial institutions or others may pay a referral fee to Sigma for referring potential clients.
- In the event of any judgment, award or arbitration decision against Sigma, the maximum liability of Sigma shall be limited to the amount of commission actually received.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, and Purchaser agrees that any action to enforce this Agreement may be brought in the appropriate courts located in Collin County, Texas.
- If Purchaser is a business entity, the person completing the information and clicking the "ACCEPT" button acknowledges that they have full authority to enter into this Agreement, and agrees to be personally bound by the terms and conditions stated herein, including, but not limited to, personal liability for breach of this Agreement.
What Buyers Said
"Sigma proved to be an enormous asset is helping us consummate a deal with the sellers that was mutually beneficial to all involved."
- Marcus Bodet, acquired Resource One, Incorporated
"We were lucky be have Sigma on the other side of the table. Without their creativity and guidance, this transaction would not have closed."
- Adrienne Hamblin, acquired PerWess Co.
"Sigma's online NDA system and video presentation made it easy to look at a business from 500 miles away. Before I even came to Dallas I knew I wanted the business."
- Ken Pierce, acquired L & L Pro Pac